Summary of Relevant Qualifications & Experience:
As a Private Tutor I have helped hundreds of students to succeed at GCSE, Common Entrance and Scholarship level. I have tutored students currently in or headed for schools such as Charterhouse, Eton, Halliford, Oundle, RGS and Roedean. In addition to this, the following key areas of experience are most relevant:
- Elected to the Board of Directors of The Tutors' Association, the professional body for the tutoring sector, for two years.
- Small-group seminar leader at Royal Holloway, University of London.
- Professional marker for the literature components of A level Latin (OCR) for several years.
- Fully qualified as a teacher (PGCE Classics, St. John's College, Cambridge), with 21 years' teaching experience in the state sector: The Latymer School in North London and then Woking High School in Surrey.
- 1st class Honours degree, MA Distinction and PhD in Classics from Royal Holloway, University of London.
- Enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) and have signed up to the update service, meaning that this is automatically renewed every three years.